Monday, January 10, 2011

#50 The Lord of the Rings/ #86 Platoon/ #42 Bonnie and Clyde

So yea...who dropped the ball on this goal? I DID! But gimme a freaking break! I finished school, moved across the country, am taking care of my little boy while my husband is overseas AND have access to babysitters which gives me access to BARS! But I'm still going to finish the fucking list dammit. Soo here's the latest reviews:

The Lord of the Rings

Totally over rated. Great production values, and a decent cast but I couldn't stand Tolkien when I read him in high school and it took me a week to get through this movie because I just couldn't stay interested. Sorry but I don't think it deserves to be as high as #50.

Platoon

Very good movie with an incredible cast (Hello Dr. Cox waaaayyy before Scrubs). Really shows the insanity of war and how it can change civilized men into fucking barbaric animals. Certainly had a few words with Kiel telling him he better not be doing that shit over there. Plus if one wants to analyze it further, could Sgt. Elias and Sgt. Barnes be personifications of good/evil or God/Satan? Think about it!

Bonnie and Clyde

LOVED IT!!! Beatty was adorable and Dunaway was spectacular, they really made Bonnie and Clyde seem relatable to the point where you really sympathize with these murderers when they are shot. They seemed complex and at the same time innocent.

Now on to Goodfellas.................

No comments:

Post a Comment