Thursday, October 14, 2010

#18 The General

So this was another first for me. I had never seen a silent film before watching The General today. I LOVED IT! How adorable is Buster Keaton?! I just wanted to give that little goofball a hug! Silent movies really show off an actor's mastery of their craft. Anyone can say a line, but silent film actors were able to convey their lines with their faces, bodies and actions in ways that just aren't done anymore! It was nice to curl up with Kiel and watch this wonderful movie about a Southern Train Engineer turned soldier and hero for the woman he loves during the Civil War. LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!


In crappy news. Kiel is leaving a day earlier than we were initially told (yet again proving that saying "Military wives write things in pencil because they always change.") You know what is worse than a deployment, though? Anticipation. We are waiting for the deployment and that sucks and makes everything tense. Once it happens, I will be sad and depressed for a few days (probably to a much less dramatic extent than before...can't be a total weepy nutcase/shut in with a baby to care for...that's just ig-nant) and then I will just sort of go on auto pilot and do what I need to do. Then when it gets closer to Kiel coming home, that crappy anticipation will kick and turn every minute between then and Kiel coming home into weeks. But then he will be home and all will be right in the world. I'm just trying to focus on everything that needs to be done and when my mind turns to the fact that in 9 days my husband, best friend and father of my son will be gone.... I just focus on June, when he will back.

No comments:

Post a Comment