Saturday, September 25, 2010

#33 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

For starters, how yummy was Jack Nicholson in this movie? Dude was hot (not that he's ugly now, he is very good looking, but...old). I'm probably going to have to go read the book now. I remember my Dad telling me what a great movie this was, and it's not like I would doubt that Jack Nicholson could ever have a crappy movie. It really just made me think of kind of a "Boy Interrupted," ya know, a not crazy guy in a looney bin. Except add electroshock, an evil bitch of a nurse and a huge American Indian. I did get a bit teary eyed towards the end, but it seemed...right. Once ol' Jack had been lobotomized and was simply a shell of the vivacious man he was, it was like he was already dead, and to see Chief walking and talking and finally running towards the horizon was simply beautiful. It really makes you appreciate life and all the craziness that comes with it and makes you want to shy away from social norms and conformity (at least that is the gist I got from it).

Loving the list so far! Can't wait to see what else AFI has in store for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment