Wednesday, September 29, 2010

#77 All the President's Men

People tend to love movies that take place near their homes. I love movies that take place in D.C. and that involve politics and All the President's Men  covered both of those topics splendidly. I have been a long time fan of the Washington Post and Bob Woodward is one of my heroes, so to be able to watch a movie about him and Carl Bernstein and Watergate and such was great! The movie was so suspenseful! You could feel the fear and apprehension! And being that I saw the movie Dick with Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams when it came out, it made me giggle because there are scenes from All the President's Men that Dick parodied (like the opening scene with the typewriter, or when Carl asks his source to "stay on the line" if his lead is accurate). And it was nice to see a true story that didn't involve people dying and leave me crying in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment