Wednesday, October 6, 2010

# 73 Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

I'm really not a fan of Westerns. They just have never been my favorite genre. I like the movies The Quick and the Dead and Bad Girls  (I know they aren't the best movies in the world, but one of them has Sharon Stone as a cowgirl, and Leonardo DiCaprio before he started taking himself too seriously and the other one is about gun toting whores! What's not to love?!) but that's about it for me and Westerns. They just seem so serious, macho and in many ways cliched. But I LOVED Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid! I never picture Robert Redford to really be one for comedy but he and Paul Newman were hysterical! The movie was funny without trying the jam the aspect of being funny down the audience's throat (When you have two cowboys trying to rob a bank in Bolivia and neither of them can speak Spanish, you don't have to try very hard). Newman and Redford were a great duo and there weren't any parts where I had to basically force myself to pay attention.

With this movie- I have viewed 25 of the the AFI 100 Greatest Movies of All Time!! I'm on my way, but with the move back to Maryland steadily approaching and the fall semester in full swing, it's only going to get tougher and tougher. But I'm going to bust my ass to get the remaining 75 films viewed before January 1, 2011. I have a huge goal for next year and if I can accomplish this year's goal, my confidence will be boosted and I will feel (more) ready to tackle my goal for 2011, but if I can't do it...how in the world will I ever be able to tackle the huge goal I have for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment