Wednesday, October 20, 2010

# 28 All About Eve

I did like this. The story is classic, but I have to wonder if the story is a classic because of THIS story? The story of a older actress who befriends a young fan....turns out this fan is a wolf in sheep's clothing who is using her friend with the goal of taking her place. Margot seems paranoid about her jealous feelings towards the sweet young Eve, but it turns out her paranoia is validated. Through in Marilyn Monroe in one of her first films and you have a movie with comedy and drama. Not to mention we all have to chuckle when the ending rolls around and hope that Eve gets her one- upings. Kiel and I watched this while we started packing up all of our clothes and linens. Two weeks from now Loki and I will be back in Maryland. Three days from now, Kiel will be on a plane to Florida. I may be able to see him at Thanksgiving, but I have learned as a military wife to not put much stock into anything until it has already happened.

I have my next goal for 2011 lined up. Some of you have heard of it...some of you haven't. But it's going to be big. And it's going to take a lot more commitment than watching some movies. I will sort of announce it it soon, but I have to admit part of me is very scared to actually announce what I plan to do because once I tell everyone what I am doing, I can't back out of it.  But here's a hint- it involves religion. And don't just limit your thinking of religion to Christianity- think larger than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment