Thursday, October 14, 2010

#89 The Sixth Sense

I know, I know, I know! I'm probably the last 20-something American to see The Sixth Sense. You know why it took me so long? Being that this was the first M. Night Shyamalan movie, so it was the first to really introduce the world to his crazy twist endings, I already knew the ending. I knew about the freaky kid seeing dead people (seriously, how many times has that been spoofed?), and I already knew that Bruce Willis was a ghost! Still....it was on the list. I did enjoy the movie. I was watching extra hard to see how Bruce Willis could be walking around with his family and other people and think he was interacting with them (that was pretty crazy, but pulled off nicely) and I did cry a bit when Bruce was saying his goodbyes to his wife while she slept. So it was a good movie, can't deny it. I enjoyed watching it (I do love a movie that makes me jump) and it was a nice break from how hectic my reality has gotten. My journalism class is the most confusing fucking class in the world. Just when I was feeling so confident about my skills as a writer and how after I graduate I will possess the capabilities to type my way to a nice paycheck....I take this fucking class. This class is the exact reason why I will never be a journalist. So many AP rules contradict the writing rules I have learned since middle school!!! I try to make sure I do everything correctly and then get a fucking D on my paper!!! WTF?!?! Not to mention Kiel deploys in 10 days, making me more emotional than usual, we have a memorial service tomorrow for a fallen EOD Warrior/ American hero/ Badass (making me weary of Kiel leaving) and I have to try to get the house straight, do a paper for an English class and keep an eye on my son who has now discovered the joys of walking and falling on his face.

At times like this, one may think that this goal of mine is just too much. But being able to slip into a movie that has been considered great for a couple of hours....can give me a much needed break from my hectic reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment