Sunday, October 24, 2010

# 32 The Godfather Part II

While Part II doesn't compare to the original, it was OK. That's right. I said The Godfather Part II was simply ok. It just couldn't hold my attention the way the first was able to and the saving grace of the movie was easily Robert De Niro as the young Vito Corleone. I love the type of sequels where you learn "the roots" of a .
character. But the whole thing with "present day" Michael just wasn't very attention grabbing. I understand the whole theme of "heavy is the head that wears the crown," and the parallels between father and son (how both were fueled by vengeance and did what they felt was best for those around them ) but I suppose the problem was that I held Part II to the same standards as the original, when if I were to appreciate Part II in singularity and apart from the original, I would be able to say that it's a great mafia movie. But I didn't, so I can't.

Early yesterday morning, Kiel left. He is in Florida for training now and is due in the crappy Middle East in about a month. So I have to finish getting the house ready for the packers and movers and our moving out (which is official one week from today). Grrrr.... I just have to keep myself busy and hopefully the next seven months will pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment