Sunday, October 17, 2010

My First Attempt at Intolerance (#49)

A three hour silent film.....Grrrr what a challenge. The General was only 75 minutes! I could only get through a little more than a hour before my mind gave up and my attention started wandering to everything else going on around me. The message is good. The central conflict is intriguing (Intolerance vs. love and compassion). And I like how they use four mini movies inside a larger movie to show intolerance throughout history. I also love how the director used color in the movie. It wasn't black and white, instead it used other colors so it was sepia or green. I just couldn't focus on it! I will try again once I get back to Maryland. Perhaps after things settle a bit and I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off (at least not all the time), I will be able to sit though such a long movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment