Sunday, November 28, 2010

#9 Vertigo

Well I love James Stewart....so thats a perk. I love Alfred Hitchcock...so that's a perk. I love movies with a twist...so that's a perk. This movie was great! It was certainly better than Psycho but probably because of the wonderful leading cast of James Stewart and Kim Novak. They were both amazing and able to give their characters all the complexities and dimensions they needed in order for this movie to be believable and as successful as it was/is. The audience is really able to feel Scottie's sense of paranoia as he unravels a case of murder, love, deception and betrayal. I'm glad it was able to show the love between Madeline/Judy and Scottie without being overt or cheesy because I just wouldn't be able to take it. Yesterday, I said goodbye as my husband left for a trip that would eventually place him in Afghanistan (I'm assuming he is almost there or perhaps somewhere in Europe on a layover). Thankfully I was able to avoid that horrible first night of crying hysterically and being lost in my own negtive thoughts by going out with my girlfriend Krissi and getting ridiculously smashed (I even did a couple shots for my husband and the other spouses that are in my position).

Well fuck me sideways. I am getting ready to enter the last month and have only viewed 44 movies. I had to take a break because over the past week I was in Norfolk, VA, spending time with Kiel. I am so thankful that I was able to have that week with him but now he is gone, it is over and I gotta get back to all the chores and tasks I eft behind (which will also keep me so busy I won't think about how lonely the holidays are without my husband). I really gotta get cracking. Well I am watching Cabaret right now. I have Bonnie and Clyde and Yankee Doodle Dandy at my house and The Lord of the Rings, Apocalypse Now and Intolerance (*shudder*) on my instant queue and I'm going to borrow Schindler's List  from my Dad and closer to Christmas will borrow It's a Wonderful Life from my in laws. I'm going to finish this list dammit!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment