Sunday, November 7, 2010

# 95 The Last Picture Show

Holy crap.....this movie was boring as all hell. I watched this last night with my sister and we just weren't very impressed overall (plus I was interrupted every so often trying to get Loki to go to sleep). The actors were great but it was just so effin boring. The nudity and sex was the only saving grace. Jacey (Cybil Shepard) was a total ho......fo' sho. Although Cloris Leachman was phenomenal. It was interesting to see her in a dramatic role. And she really was beautiful when she was younger! Timothy Bottoms was adorable and so naive (but that just made him more adorable) and easily overshadowed Jeff Bridges. I could have done without the black and white, but sure that was probably just an artistic stance as a metaphor for the "good ol' days" of the 50's and the innocence of youth and such. I grasp that it is a coming of age movie and such, but the nudity and sex seemed to take an almost gratuitous role instead of complimenting the movie further and just took away from the movie. Seriously. When the movie got going we could have gone without seeing Jacey try to fuck anything that moved every five minutes.

So maybe tonight I will tackle The Sound of Music of maybe It Happened One Night or maybe Annie Hall or The Searchers. My Instant queue has a few movies to tide me over while I wait for Cabaret  and Psycho  to arrive in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment